In order to reach Jasne Błonia we can choose trams no. 1, 5, 11, or 12 – we have to get off the tram on the “Pl. Grunwaldzki” stop and go towards the building of the City Hall. It is about 1 km walk. Also, we can choose bus no. 67 and get it off on the ”Jasne Błonia” stop, or bus no. 70 and get it off on the “Urząd Miasta” stop, and then go towards the building of the City Hall, behind which the square is located.
A green square was established in the years 1925-1927 within the area, which belonged to the Quistorp family. In the middle, there is a broad lawn with flower compositions in its central part, surrounded on both sides by paths planted with rows of London plane trees. Further, Jasne Błonia smoothly turns in the Kasprowicz Park, and then in the Arkona Forest.
In 1979, near Piotra Skargi Street the Monument of Poles’ Deed, which became a dominant of the square’s arrangement, was erected. The monument presents three eagles rising from the ground and was designed by Gustaw Zemła. It was meant to symbolize three generations of the residents of Szczecin – the Polish Diaspora living in this area prior to the Second World War, the pioneers of the post-war city, and the generation that built up Szczecin. The monument was supposed to express gratitude to the inhabitants of Szczecin for rebuilding the city. It should be remembered that it was commissioned by the party.
Almost ten years later, in June 1987, Pope John Paul II celebrated a Mass on Jasne Błonia – this occasion was commemorated with in 1995 by erecting the monument of the Pope. Also the name of the square was changed to John Paul II’s Jasne Błonia Square.
The building has been entered into the provincial register of historic monuments in December 2004.
|#||Hour||Temperature||Minimal temperature||Max temperature||Wind speed|
|03:21||13 °C||13.01 °C||13.51 °C||4.02 KM/H|